Root Canal Therapy
A root canal is a procedure that is done to save a badly damaged or infected tooth by removing the affected part of the tooth and nerve and then filling it. Having founded his practice in 1980, Dr. Barotz has been performing root canals in Denver, Colorado for over 35 years now. While no one looks forward to getting a root canal, Dr. Barotz’ extensive experience enables him to perform the procedure remarkably quick and with minimal pain so that you can return to a normal life free of pain.
What Symptoms Indicate the Need for a Root Canal?
- Moderate to severe lingering toothache, which may worsen when exposed to hot or cold or lying down.
- Toothache pain so intense it wakes you up at night.
- Pain when chewing or biting.
- Gum swelling, which may release blood or pus when pressed.
- Pain that starts in one tooth and spreads to other regions of the jaw or head, e.g. an infected lower molar (back tooth) may cause you to feel pain in the ear!