Four Questions to Ask Before Deciding on Cosmetic DentistryBarotz Dental | May 22, 2013
1. How can cosmetic dentistry improve my life?
People seek cosmetic dentistry for a variety of reasons. Some people simply want to look younger. Cosmetic dentistry is like a “dental facelift” that can quickly “reverse” the natural aging process of the teeth. For most people, however, cosmetic dentistry is a way to improve the appearance of unattractive teeth that have made them feel self-conscious about their smile their entire lives. Given the fact that 3 out of 4 adults in the United States feel that an unattractive smile can negatively affect you in business, having a great looking smile is more than a luxury – it’s a necessity.
2. How do I know what the final result will look like?
Because Dr. Charles Barotz is a cosmetic artist who has spent over 30 years perfecting his skill, there are several extra steps that are included to you at no additional charge, to ensure you are perfectly satisfied with your results.
• Our Free Consultation includes a digital photo smile enhancement technique that allows you to see your smile with cosmetics – before you even decide to buy.
• We are Cosmetic Specialists. We CAN and DO show you before and after photos of patients just like you. Want references and testimonials? We can provide that as well.
• If you are getting veneers, you will be asked to “test-drive” your temporary veneers for 2-3 days. Any changes in fit, shape, or color will be made prior to crafting the permanent veneers.
• During the final fitting, your permanent veneers will be modeled using 2 different composite bonding agents – each giving a slightly different looking final product. It’s your smile – YOU CHOOSE!
3. What is my best option for the cosmetic treatment?
There are three options for cosmetic treatment: Bonding, Porcelain Veneers, and Invisalign.
•Bonding – Bonding is a process where a composite resin that matches your teeth (similar to tooth enamel) is applied to the tooth’s surface. It is then sculpted for an ideal look, hardened, and then polished. This procedure usually takes one visit. Bonding is ideal for restoring teeth that are slightly chipped, filling very small cavities, or for closing very small spaces between teeth.
•Porcelain Veneers – Porcelain veneers are thin, custom-made porcelain covers that are attached to the fronts of the teeth to repair damage and/or to enhance the shape or color of teeth. Veneers can be used to fix teeth that have holes in them, or are pitted, or repair teeth that are chipped or broken. They are also used to restore slightly crooked or irregularly shaped teeth, re-size teeth that are too small or big, close gaps between teeth that are too wide for bonding, or to brighten teeth that do not adequately respond to bleaching. Veneers are not susceptible to decay and resist staining. Porcelain veneers are NOT reversible and last from 10 to 15 years.
•Invisalign – Invisalign is the invisible way to straighten teeth. Using advanced 3-D computer technology to project tooth movement, Invisalign creates a series of clear, custom-made aligners that gradually move your teeth. You wear each aligner for about two weeks, moving to the next step until your and your dentist’s goals are met. Invisalign is the best way to transform your smile without interfering with your day-to-day life.
Only trained and certified, licensed professionals are able to offer the Invisalign treatment. Barotz Dental is a Premier Provider of Invisalign.
4. How do I select the right cosmetic dentist?
These days, it seems that Cosmetic Dentists are popping up everywhere. Make no mistake, some are better than others. When choosing a dentist, be very picky! Experience and options are the keys. Improving your smile can involve a significant investment in both time and money. Only the best Cosmetic Dentists have the experience and options necessary to provide their patients with Total Dental Solutions.
Get the smile that will transform your life!
Call for a complimentary consultation today!