Dental emergencies can happen due to accident or injury, but they can also result from a failure to visit the dentist on a routine basis. If you are hurting or have had an accident, it is important that you receive treatment right away.
Whatever the cause, Dr. Barotz will do his utmost to see you the same day and relieve you of any pain. At Barotz Dental, we provide personalized follow-up care. Dr. Barotz personally calls his patients after treatment to make sure they are still comfortable and satisfied with the treatment they received. That’s the Barotz Dental Difference.
Delaying dental treatment only increases the risk of more significant damage later, and can result in the need for lengthy and more expensive treatment down the road. If you are in pain, have lost a filling or have broken a tooth, we encourage you to call our office immediately.
Do You Have a Dental Emergency?
Here are some key considerations during a dental emergency, plus some simple steps you can take to minimize pain immediately.
- Toothache: Rinse your mouth out with warm water. Call us at 720-573-1500, and we will make sure that you are seen right away.
- Bitten Lip or Tongue: Clean the area and apply an ice pack to reduce swelling. If the bleeding doesn't stop, come into our office to see Dr. Barotz right away.
- Broken Tooth: Save any pieces of the broken tooth and rinse your mouth out with warm water. Apply a cold compress to the area to decrease swelling and pain, and come in to see Dr. Barotz immediately.
- Broken Jaw: Apply a cold compress to limit swelling and see Dr. Barotz immediately.
- Knocked Out Tooth: Gently rinse off the knocked out tooth without removing any attached tissue. If possible, hold the tooth in place in the socket. Otherwise, put the tooth in a glass of milk. Come in to see Dr. Barotz immediately.
- Object Stuck in Teeth: If you're unable to dislodge an object with dental floss, call our office at 720-573-1500 for an emergency appointment.
- Lost Dental Filling or Dental Crown: Call us at 720-573-1500 for an emergency appointment.
- Dental Abscess: If you notice a painful, pimple-like swelling on your gums, rinse with salt water and immediately contact us at 720-573-1500
. Dental abscesses can lead to more serious infections if not treated promptly.