Cosmetic Dentistry in Denver, Colorado
- Premier, comfortable cosmetic dentistry
- Porcelain veneers, teeth whitening
- Transform your smile under one roof without being referred all around town
- Because we offer Total Dental Solutions, you can achieve the results you want in a fraction of the time
"Good cosmetic dentistry looks like nothing more than a healthy, naturally beautiful smile, and achieving such a look is an art form." — Dr. Charles Barotz
Having beautiful, natural-looking teeth is among the most dramatic ways to boost your confidence and appearance. Porcelain Veneers are one of the many ways that Denver, Colorado dentist Dr. Charles Barotz can enhance and restore your teeth to a new state of beauty. Veneers can also improve the color and alignment of your teeth without braces!
Dr. Barotz is truly a veneer pioneer here in Denver. More than 26 years ago, Dr. Barotz became the first dentist in the state of Colorado to transform patients' smiles with porcelain veneers. Since then, he has helped thousands of people to look and feel fabulous about their smiles with beautiful, custom porcelain veneers.
Traditionally, decayed teeth have been repaired with mercury containing amalgam (silver) fillings or gold restorations. Some people don’t want metal in their mouth for either health or aesthetic reasons. With the advent of tooth colored fillings, damaged teeth are now restored in a way that provides a much better cosmetic result.
There are two types of tooth-colored fillings: Composites & Porcelain inlays.
- Composite Fillings: The most basic of tooth-colored fillings, these are made of a composite resin and mixed with a light sensitive bonding agent. They can be used in many teeth, and they come in a variety of shades. Dr. Barotz will ensure that your composite fillings blend excellently with the color of your own teeth.
- Porcelain Inlays: These types of tooth-colored fillings are usually placed in back teeth when aesthetics is of utmost concern. They are often fabricated in a laboratory and then bonded into position in our office.
Advantages over Amalgam Fillings
Tooth colored fillings offer significant advantages when compared with silver/gold amalgam fillings. What’s more, because silver does not stick to teeth, healthy tooth structure is often removed so as to keep the amalgam filling in place. Composite fillings enable your dentist to focus solely on the decay, preserving all healthy parts of the tooth. Unlike silver fillings, composite fillings expand just like your teeth do and are much less likely to cause cracks in your tooth. Composites bond directly to the tooth and provide support. They also insulate against hot and cold as opposed to amalgam fillings, which conduct temperature changes. This is why, at Barotz Dental, we use only composite fillings and porcelain inlays when repairing cavities.