Tips for finding the Best Dental Implant Dentist in Denver, COBarotz Dental |
There are many reasons that increasing numbers of people are turning to dental implants. Dental implants can both replace teeth that have been lost or require extraction as a result of extensive decay or damage.
However, they are also a popular cosmetic dentistry choice for patients who are looking to generally improve, or completely transform the appearance of their smile.
Durability, comfort, convenience and discretion are just some of the advantages cited by patients who have chosen dental implants over more conventional treatments.
With such great demand for dental implants, it is no surprise that a growing number of dentists are now obtaining the knowledge and training to be able to add dental implant surgery to their repertoire of services.
However, when it comes to choosing the right surgeon for your procedure, with so many now offering implants, it can be hard to know who to place your trust (and your hard-earned cash) with. Dental implants may be more affordable than ever before, but they are still a significant investment in your long-term dental health.
Qualifications of a Good Implant Dentist
All dentists should hold a general dental qualification.
However, in order to deliver the best quality dental implant service possible, your dentist should have specific training and experience in the field. This includes how to competently assess each patient’s candidacy, and determine the locations where the implants should be placed.
Important questions that you should ask your dental implant surgeon should be:
- When and where did you complete your dental implant training?
- Are you a member of any professional dental implant boards or academies?
Membership or certification from the American Academy of Implant Dentistry (AAID) or the American Board of Oral Implantology (ABOI) will confirm that the dentist has demonstrated the required standard of knowledge, ability and proficiency in implant dentistry.
Dental Implant Experience
No two dental implant procedures are the same, and while education is extremely important, there is no substitution for solid experience.
Not all cases will be ‘textbook’ or straightforward, and you should ensure that you have chosen a dental implant surgeon that has the experience to adapt procedures and processes to fit your requirements, and think on their feet if necessary.
The best dental implant dentists are those that have a combination of knowledge, training, and experience. Some of the questions that you could ask any dentist that you are considering for your implant surgery could include:
- How many dental implant procedures have you performed?
- What is your current success rate?
- Can you give me an example of a procedure that hasn’t gone to plan and tell me what you did to resolve it?
Chairside Manner of Implant Dentist
Would you trust someone who you don’t like or have a good feeling about to perform a surgical procedure on you, even though they had the training and experience to do so?
To be able to relax and feel that you are in safe hands, you need to be able to completely place your trust in your dental implant surgeon.
Your consultation provides a perfect opportunity to get to know your prospective surgeon and ask them questions that you probably have about the procedure and recovery process. Commonly asked questions include:
- What variety of anesthesia will you use?
- Do you offer sedation for this procedure?
- How long will the surgery take?
- What steps are involved in the procedure and will any other professionals be required?
- Will I be able to drive myself home the same day?
- What risks are involved in receiving dental implants?
- How long will my recovery take?
- Will I be in any pain?
- Will I need any medications after my procedure?
- How will you know if the surgery has been successful?
- How much will my dental implants cost and what payment methods are available?
- How quickly can I schedule my surgery?
Personal Recommendations of Implant Dentists
As much research into potential implant dentists that you might do, there is nothing that beats a personal recommendation. Ask your family, friends and colleagues to see if any of them have had dental implant surgery and if so, would they recommend their surgeon and why. You can also browse the reviews from Barotz Dental to learn more about our happy implant patients.